What type of Poly are you? – Writing

What Type of Poly are you?

I am Poly

We get judged by our body art and our unique ways of voice. Others take one’s hand to assume we carry weapons and will take them on. HIGH standards yet low knowledge are what they hear and spread. The looks of our body language are different and we get called weird.

I am Poly 

Our food seems to reek. Our houses seem to be too small and on the verge of collapsing. Telling us to go back to where we came from. We seem to be somehow called liars. Others take one’s hand to gossip claiming we will take things that don’t belong to us. YOU DON’T KNOW US!

I am Poly

Our friendly people don’t deserve this hate. Most of us departed our homeland to come and give a better life for our next generation yet we get judged. We came to live a better life, so many opportunities yet sometimes our appearance gets taken into consideration and our opportunities vanish.

I am Poly

Life feels like a knife, knife through the chest. We can be in the hardest part of life and people assume we have it easy. We are living human beings just like the rest of you guys.

I am Poly

Yes we may be poor but that is evidence that we can make do of what we have. Yes we have art on our body but it shows our pride for the culture we belong to. Yes we came to this country but we did not do anything to harm anyone. We are different, kind and strongly built, because we are poly.